Narratives of Hope

Workshops in Beirut Sept 17th to 24th 2006

Monday, January 01, 2007

Back to Beirut




I am back, this time alone.
It is the political calm of festivities, however, all the festivities are nothing but political. Before going out last night, I was watching Manar TV, broadcasting from their party celebration. the speeches were adressed from children age 4 to 9, to Sinyora, Sayed Nasrallah, Mr Junblat...ye3neh, a Lebanese version of Political community arts.
Apparently, Tayyar have made a whole new color for Santa this year: Orange, while their opponents, the 14th of March coalition came up with a catchy slogan "I love life". Now life is branded with politics, and christmas trees are also branded with I love Life.
Anyway, also two days after my return, I bumped into Jihad and Mohammad, two of the guys who did the training with Steve. I will maybe be able to track down most of the participants in Narratives of Hope. More news soon.
Some picts for you

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 15, 2007 4:47:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just happened to be going past the blog when I saw your post

of course, this is two weeks after...

steve t
x

can't remember my password ... in a hurry...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home