Narratives of Hope

Workshops in Beirut Sept 17th to 24th 2006

Friday, September 22, 2006

quick post, I am ok

you are probably wondering where I am and what is going on. Things are very intense, too much work, 4 workshops running at the same time, and I am split in following up, documenting, providing the needed material, and of course, trying to keep the emotinal luggage under control. It's been very hard. The city is still bleeding to death, and Hizbollah are celebrating today. I have no idea what is there to celebrate.

Anyway, let me tell me about our beirut surprise, one of the good surprises, It's Hanan. We met Hanan in our first meeting with Samidoun, Sarah and Assabil. She was very nice and she came with Nawal. Hanan, today, became as valuable to the project as any of the team members. It turns out that she arrived to beirut 4 days ago, like us, and she just found herself working with us! She translated with francis in Assabil workshops, she helped Jeremy yesterday morning, Andrea as well, did all the training sessions with steve, and most of all helped us stay sane with her positive energy, or as sane as we can be here! a round of applause for Hanan

I am off for a feedback meeting with Nawal and the group

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:50:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the demonstration on the news. You guys must have been crazy to be going into a situation that is still so volatile. More power to you; I hope things all went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home